Tuesday, February 08, 2005

another auburn epic

Today was a epic day in the start of what I hope is an amazing season. Although I could feel the fact that it was early season and my fitness is not exactly where I would like it to be, for the first single speed ride of the year, I feel a sense of satisfaction. The trail locations can not be revealed but the views were stunning, the climbs steep and the decsents were steep to rolling and everything in between. Stats or as many stats as I am going to keep were 4 hrs and 40 mins of riding with 6100 feet of elevation gain, and a majority of the climbs were steep with no brakes or time to rest, I tried my best not to walk but a few times was forced off the bike.
Sunday the black label bike club shindig was intesting and like nothing I have ever experienced. Tall bikes and custom make bikes were the order of the day, with all sorts of wild antics to boot. Too much for words is the thought that comes to mind, other worldly is another thought as well. I am beat and am heading to bed for some quality rest and reading. I have been reading the Metal Cowboy, www.metalcowboy.com it is very well written stories about all that bike touring can offer, by Joe Kurmanshie, I butchered that but dont really have the energy to go and get the book, it is on the other side of the house.

No comments: