Friday, January 07, 2005

snow, snow, snow

Well here I sit, and again it is snowing like mad outside. The national weather association has a winter storm warning in effect until Monday and is predicting 1 to 3 feet of snow in that time. Considering that I have already recieve near 8 inches since this morning I am getting the feeling that it is going to be closer to 3 than one. So I am getting all the emails that I possible can done today and calling around about yoga. I feel like such a fucking hippie talking about yoga, but I have heard that it works wonders so this tattooed punk rock loving soul is working on the mental aspect of training, and feeling somewhat like a hippie in the process. But the big story here is snow. Well at least once this clears the restaurant will be busy because we have so much snow. Today I am talking on the phone and burning tons of music, what else is there to do, I dont have a t.v or should I say idiot box to watch, later I will settle in to the book I have been reading, it is quite an inspiration, called Swimming to Antartica, by Lynne Cox. She is a very amazing woman who swims in cold water. I cant imagine, but her passion is inspiring and it is motivating me to stay focused on the goal, focused on all that matters to me and meeting my goals.
Anyone out there heading to Cream Puff? Those of us who have done it already can print the registration begining January 10th, all of you fighting for a spot open registration forms can be printed on February 7th, get ready to run to the post office if you hope to retain a spot, priority mail is the option. I also had a very nice conversation with Boris the promoter of the Endurance 100, this is a great race, he is super enthusiastic and the course speaks for itself, a challange just to finish, and one of the most spectaclar races I have ever ridden. All those racers seeking a challange should seriously consider this one. Not much else to report other than i wish the snow would stop falling so that I could see some sun for a change.
Yesterday I skated for about 2 hrs, a little more and I just love it. It is a great way to get outside and enjoy. If it were like this all the time I would be forced to exersise indoors, luckily it isnt because I just dont like exersising indoors, it is like fingernails on the chalkboard. Thats enough for now enjoy.

No comments: