Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I might need to build an ark!!!!

Yes it is raining and raining and raining. I have been keeping busy in fact today I went to the Summit at Snoqualmie to do a little sking. I two planked years ago, then in 1990 snowboarded and have ever since. I was getting a little bored with the snowboard, and went back to two plankin, although this time I am learning to telemark. I did well for my first day, although I would like to take a lesson so that I dont learn bad habits that have to be broken down the road. So it wasnt snowing when we got there but soon after it started and the drive home was filled with torenial rain, hence the fact that I may need to start building an ark. Yesterday we actually saw the sunshine for a bit, it was invigorating and I got a little trail riding in, all of 1/2 a mile, but it was nice, a couple of laps and I was smiling. Seattle certainly has the potential to have singletrack right in the city, Collenade is happening but there are some other areas that could be larger than the two acres given to this project. I miss trials right out the back door. Back to the sun because it was such a highlight, I can not wait for it to come back so that the snow can melt and I can get in some mountain bike rides with lots of ups and downs and twists and turns, I love singletrack, I may have to take the bus out to Renton and ride the cropcircles trail and the tapeworm trial. I am itchin to ride singletrack, road just gets so same, if you know what I mean, at least I can ride, always look at the bright side. So I had fun for a few hours in the snow. I am changeing jobs again, back to the brewery, although the evil doer that was there is gone and I will be the man in charge. It will work out to be a 40 hr a week job, with all my days free and it will get me back on my feet. I would like to get a set of these, they sold out in 28 mins though, I will have to be on it. I would also really like to go to this event, SSWC in Sweden, it looks to be an amazing time, I have yet to make it to one, maybe this will be the one,or I might just wait until they come state side next year and make it a definate, I think by then I will be in race shape again, this year is going to be non commital in the race department, I will just wait and see. Next year I am looking to train a little hard and more and commit to a few more races, of course all this is tentative right now, but it never hurts to have a plan. Fun is the plan. Fun fun fun. I will have some new cycling wear soon, pictures to follow, please dont hold your breath as it might hurt to do so, it will be a bit. I still need to talk with the Vulture, i have ideas man. Still spinnig, sometimes at 130 rpms, my legs are not used to this. So things are good, I mean I could do without the rain, but things are good, it will just make me appreciate the sun that much more when it comes. So I have been keeping busy and trying some new things out. I hope to go to Bend over Memorial day, and camp and ride ride ride. So fun is the name of the game, that and variety. as always keep pedalin and stay sane.
THIS JUST IN:
In a side note, it looks like George Bush said that "we americans are addicted to oil", well not shit, nothing like the biggest crack dealer tellin all his addicts that they are addicted. Ironic, like the pot calling the kettle black. If it werent for the oil companies that really run everything, and helped to create our addiction, acting like they have nothing to do with the problem. Are we finally going to start to change our reltationship with energy and the world? Are we really going to move on to the next level of consiousness. I hope it is not to little to late, because we have some big things to change, and you know if Bush is coming out and saying it that he knows something, that or he wants to increase the level of fear so that we let him take away more rights and more sacred land. Stay strong people, we need to not be so relient on fossil fuels but that takes a collective effort and making consious educated decisions. My little rant.

No comments: