Monday, January 02, 2006

First post in the new year....

Well I had hoped to have a list of ta dos for the new year, but as usual, I am running a little late.. however it will be worth the wait. My girlfriend and I are planning to start a blog, that way this blog can go back to being more bike oriented, not to say it will change drastically, but it will start to be about my biking experiences. Not to worry though it will still be filled with rants and rumblings from inside my chrome dome. So what has been happening, lots of work on the girlfriends parents house, painting, tiling, bamboo flooring, cleaning, it is a learning experience. I am coming up with a theme for the year, a way to stay focused on what really matters, to keep it in front of me so that I can enjoy what I create for this year. I am planning on taking more pictures, hopefully black and white and hopefully I will be developing them myself. Moving forward all the time. I hope to better myself in the new year, to get more saddle time and to have more energy. This whole lack of energy has been a defining experience but I would love it to be over, once and for all, I want to be charged up and racing, riding. I miss it all so much. So that too is a goal. I am looking for a good goal, I am thinking about maybe doing just the 50 miler at the e100, it sure would be good to see Boris again. It would be amazing if I could get that much fitness back, given the conversations that I have had with the doctor, she is very positive, but has stressed that I must take it slow or I could be back to square zero, down int hte dumps very quickly.That man is in one word awsome. He is so full of life. I really should call him. Matter of fact I should call a bunch more people. Reno is about to flood from all news reports, and video. 2nd time the river has flooded in 9 years. Funny how I was there the year after the last great flood and left just before this one. Conincidence, maybe. I do control the waters. ha ha. Anyways back to the photos of the latest. I need to get back to riding more as I have put on a few pounds and am not enjoying it. Well I have enjoyed the food and drinks, but not my waist line. Think keg not six pack. ONly one way to get there, diet and exersise. No I have not lost my mind I am not going on a diet I am just planning to eat a healthier more balanced diet, that and attempt to drink less. Well this Subaru was mine now.......

Now I have this, well its in my bank account. WE are officially a one car family at this point in time... one small step towards a smaller footprint. Cold hard cash money, and too boot less overhead and a large weight lifted.


The other day between painting and waiting tables I went for a quick ride, I like to ride through some of the local parks for a dirt experience in the city, well luck would have it I came down a straight away and was confronted by a dog. Being a dog lover I didnt think much of him running towards me well you can imagine what happened, he got a hold of my leg. "oh he hates bike" was what the lady told me. that and he doesnt usually leave a mark. Oh I imagine it is not the first time then. Well needless to say I should have gotten some information from her, this is the day after, the day it happened it look worse. enjoy....
and no I dont shave my legs, that would just be too much real estate of my body to shave. Face, head and then legs, man i would be in the shower for just too long. you laugh. Below you will see my 10 month old dog and his christmas toy courtesy of my mom. Can I tell you how much he loves this thing and how loud it squeaks with the lightest touch. Although given that he has destroyed every other toy within minuetes this has lasted and eternity, a week and counting. Thats all for now. Best wishes to all in the new year, keep on keepin on. namiste.


No comments: