Monday, April 18, 2005

Well its been a long time.....

since I have posted and all. I got back from Sea Otter where I did not do nearly as well as I would have liked. I ended up not being able to kick the sickness, laying in bed and hoping it would all go away. However I did enjoy being in Monteray, I know I just spelled that wrong but what can you do. So I ended up 11th overall. On a high note my friend Dave won. He was flying I think I saw him for all of a couple mins off the start...
So I went down on Thursday to get away from it all. I needed to go in to the city to pick up some WTB product from Chris Cosentino. He has a sweet new 29er Jericho frame that Josh custom built for him and plans to put in to production called the Cupcake, one of Chris' nicknames that he picked up from Mike Curicak awhile back. I believe that they were in England and Chris was complaining about it being cold or something and Curiak said "ok cupcake" and it just stuck. So if you see Chris out there "cupcake" it is. And believe it or not he is getting a geared bike which will be the Cupcake with Frosting. The bike is beautiful. Josh also made a custom bar stem combo that looks similar to an H bar, except it will accomodate thumb shifters. It is awsome. Man I wish I could have taken pics of it all. Maybe in a couple of weeks or in the near future when I get down there to ride for a couple days. Chris is a dad so I met his newborn son Easton, soo mellow. So after leaving there it was on to Monteray. I arrived in Monteray checked in with my teamates on the Ritchey team and got some shut eye.
Friday I ran around pre rode the course with my friend Dusty, and cheered his girlfriend on. That night I went to the Off Road to Athens premier. www.offroadtoathens.com and it was an amazing documentary about the points chase to get in to the Olympics. Gripped films did an awsome job. I breifly talked to the producer flimer, one of the two who made it happen, it was basically filmed with one camera. When you see it think about that. This movie is soooo worth seeing even if you are a non cyclist the drama and just the whole thing is awsome. Saturday I went and watched the Short Track events and thne just hung out at the hotel or the beach trying to get better.
So the story goes. I didnt feel great and my seatpost kept slipping so what can you do when you seat keeps sliding to the height of Slalom bike, not much push on and try to maintain with lots of standing. I persevered and made it to the end. Then the long drive home. Good times and now it is snowing here so I am laying low and watching movies.

1 comment:

Jeff Kerkove said...

It's funny you mentioned the nickname that Curiak dished out, cause Fassbinder is racing Trans-Iowa, along with Curiak, and myself. Fassbinder mailed my a Pillsbury Dough Boy to sticj in Curiak's racer bag. Some long standing joke. I guess Curiak has no control when it comes to baked goods.