Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007....

Some thoughts on the new year. I am tempted to put up a list, but I don't really do the whole new years resolution list. I set some goals and revisit them throughout the year to check in on my progress. At times I slip and fall of the path, usually to later only get back on. I am a perfectionist by nature, and tend to over analyze the nature of things, of peoples motivations and attitudes, so a list of resolutions seems a bit silly. I like goals not resolutions, the word goal has a lot more positive ring to it. However in the new year i plan to post more regularly and I plan to ride and race my bike a bit more regularly. Seattle rang in the new year with a return to rain on the first day of 2007, nothing out of the ordinary for olde mother nature in the new year here.
I had my brother in town over the holidays and it was fun. He is 11 years younger than me and I realized how much I like being an older brother, we had a lot of fun. He is going to school to become a chef, so we ate well while he was here. Its funny we grew up on the east coast and here we are in seattle ringing in the new year. I was not around for much of his youth, he did have a couple great trips to Tahoe while we were living there, he let me know how much he apprecitated that.
So in the new year the goal is to get out of debt. there it is. There are a few smaller goals, but they all go along with the greater goal, simplify. I have been burning all my cds on to my computer, and will be unloading those as soon as I get a back up hard drive. Less stuff, less headaches, less to cart around. Simplify. That is all there is to it. So here is to wishing you all the best in the new year. I will again thank everyone at a later date, just because, why wait to tell those around you how you feel once a year under all this stress of the holidays. I am also working on a birthday challenge for this may. keep you all posted. as always keep pedaling.

No comments: