Friday, March 24, 2006

some things to think about...

I have recieved my gps unit and man is it fun. I plan on getting hooked up with motion based so that I can store all the rides on there so I can track my progress and catch mistakes. Knowledge is good, just can not let the numbers rule me. Staying with the plan as much as a possibly can, base think base, just a lot later than others. I am letting myself go for it one day a week as well on the mountain bike. we have a good group that goes exploring each week, put each other in the pain prison, push each other limits. much fun and a skill builder for all. As far as intial impressions good, we will see how it proforms in the woods, they are thick up here. The heart rate monitor which i read people were having trouble getting to work, works flawlessly and matches my polar as far as beats per minuete. good to know.

Global warming, check out these commercials. Maybe it wont effect us right away, maybe it is years away, but lets start thinking about the legacy that we as a generation want to leave. Do we really want to continue to leave a mess for others to pick up. If I look out the window i think yes because how can we get people to clean up the world and think globaly when some people can not even be bothered to pick up there trash, or cigarette butts. Here is a question, why do smokers feel it is their right to throw butts where ever they please. Is it that they dont care enough about themselves so why would they care about something outside of them. I am a huge advocate of personal responsibility. You ultimately are responsible for your own actions and you must be willing to accept the consicences. Are we willing to accept the responsiblity for the earth that gives us life or are we going to leave it up to the next generation.

It is certainly spring here. Rain, hail, sun and wind all at once in one moment. good times.
I in no way mean to preach and I am not perfect, but I am analyzing the moments, the decisions, and making a small difference, I hope. again in the end I can really only be responsible for myself and my actions. thanks for reading and keep on keepin on. Keep pedaling. nat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nat fyi....

Jeff fyi...
All, I am excited to see so much positive energy about the series. As one of the promoters of the Breck 100 we are just excited to be a part of it and showcase our event to an even wider spectrum of riders. This race is and will become a must ride endurance race in North America. The air is hard on all of us. I would not worry too much about even the locals having that much of an edge over you. I live right next to the course and it burns me. It is the type of race you are obviuously going to need the lungs and guns for, but in the end it will be those that have the mental advantadge that get out in front. We have the course even more dialed in this year and have "improved" some routes. We have some great sponors and prizes set up, and should be an exciting race. We do have a relationship with a resort in Breck(very nice place) Beaver Run Resort. They are one of our sponsors and give our race participants a very nice deal above and beyond their off season pricing. It is all on our site. Going to have a bar in town doing a post race party, in the same park that day is a national ultimate frisbee championship, so it should be a killer weekend. Come out to Breck!!! What I would recommend you do is come two weeks before the Breck100 and spend the July fourth holiday in the high country. You could come to a two day race / festival at Eldora Ski Resort west of Boulder and race in our two days of extreme XC madness, check it out at our site www.warriorscycling.com . That is on the 1st, and 2nd of July. The resort is opening up the area to camping, and will be serving beer and food, music ect... Then from there you could come to Breck and race the Firecracker 50 in Breck on the 4th. Great place to be on the fourth! Then you have another week to ride the course and get ready for the Breck 100. Hope to see you all out here!

Scott - Warriors Cycling
970-333-1349
www.warriorscycling.com

Written by: scott - Warriors Cycling at 2006/03/25 - 17:15:38
Oh, by the way we do award the NORBA SS State tilte at Eldora....

Written by: scott - Warriors Cycling at 2006/03/25 - 17:30:37