Monday, March 13, 2006

good weekend

Well mother nature sure has been kind, there have been very little clouds in the sky and much sun, perfect riding weather. On Saturday I rode the Mercer Island loop, 2 1/2 hours later I returned home, feeling quite well. There were many others out on the road enjoying a beautiful PNW day. Yesterday I went to the town of Black Diamond, can you dig it a town called Black Diamond, reminds me of all the skiers I used to wait on in Tahoe who would tell me how radical they were and how sick they were cause they were ripping the Black Diamonds. Last statement to be read with a hint of sarcasm, well fuck totally sarcastic for that matter. Back to the fun. Black Diamond for some trail riding, not a lot of climbing but lots of twisty tight singletrack with roots and logs and trail features oh my. I met up with a few folks I met while tending bar. Keith, Pete, Victor and Smiley. Smiley is a mad man, constant energy, and the man has fitness and skills galore. He is constantly raising and lowering his seat bunny hopping over and on to picnic tables and lets just say wheely drops off of bridges on a hard tail with 4 inches of travel. The man is just plain fun to ride with. Wheelies. We all had a great time ripping the trails and the day could not have been more perfect. Then I had to go to work. We made plans to hook up next monday and head up to Galbraith Mountain in Bellingham for some climbing and techncal descending. It was a good day and I felt great on the bike, finally, it appears I am on the mend. I dont want to get too excited but I feel alright today. The thing that struck me about riding here versus tahoe, reno etc. is a 15 mile mtb ride is over before it starts like just over an hour, up here a 15 mile ride beats you up and last about 2 hours. AVe speed here 8 miles and hour ave speed there 12 miles and hour. Catch my drift. I had a great time and can not wait to get out there again. Thats all for now. as always keep the rubber side down, and keep pedaling. I sure do wish I had brought the camera.

Looks like the harmonic convergence was postponed, maybe I will make it. looks to be a great time.

No comments: