Tuesday, August 22, 2006

this weekends blowup...

So I thought that getting another job would help us out, well it has only made things more stressful, in the sense that adding more hours to the work week always seems to do that. That and it is just a huge ball of wax, and at another brewery so I feel that I am spliting loyaties. I am thinking that I may just have to stay at the Big time, I have a special place in my heart for it and it is so familiar. The thought of working tons again doesn't really excit me..................................

I was just interupted by a phone call from the navigation blunder that is Keith, he's down the coast surfing and flying kites. Hope he got the pink one. Got some good advice that came via his grandfather "the best way to spend money is not to make it" time is valuable, and there is more than just making money for the sake of being involved for the idea. Not to say the current job is without its issues, but the are known and familiar. So I think I have the answer to my quire.

So this weekend, the plan was set to complete the triple crown, did it happen, no is the answer. Many issues conspired to make it and ugly affair. I just had no power in my legs, I thought that would go away. I started my navigating towards Crystal Mountain and the Cyrstal mountain loop. Horses have done a good job of completely messing up the trails. That and the 60 days of sun with no more than 3/100 of a inch of rain. To say the least the trail condtions were dry, and loamy. So we had the dust and I have never walked my bike so much in one ride, steep, dusty, loose trails will do that to you. Did I mention how hot it was, so I fell apart is basically what happened, later in to the ride of course. The view from the top of Crystal of mount Rainier was like no other, the descent was awsome, long, not so technical, but tight single track. I finish the first loop and feel a bit better, the sun was getting to me but I thought now I know what is ahead it will get better. See Danielle and get out on the next loop up Corral Pass Road, feeling alright, then I am forced to walk and the heat is draining me. More pedaling more walking. "do you want a ride" NO. Wow I must really look bad, I certainly feel bad. Ahhhh the top of the climb, lets keep pushing I need to be done. My vision is now doing funky things. Clif shots are doing nothing, solid food wont go down. Good times. Then the cramps kick in, my calf, my hamstring, my quad, oh whats that my groin and my forearm. Now the descent down ranger, fun, but my arms hurt so much that I am having trouble holding the handlebar. more good times. Finally I am done with the descent, did I just write that, i did. Cruse back to the car and crash out, I am cooked. I have felt bad before but never so soon in to a ride. total stats were 37 miles with 7900 feet of climbing. I felt bad. I made some mistakes, but I overestimated my fitness and my recover from whatever got me last year, I need to take it slower. EVery new experience is a chance to learn right. There you have it, my crazy life. thanks for reading and keep pedaling.

No comments: