Tuesday, April 08, 2008

trying to be wise.....

Here I am trying to learn from past mistakes, I am spinning, no longer on the fixie ever day, but on gears to work, lightening the load and trying as hard as I can to recover. Recover has always been just keep doing what I was doing, with maybe a few days of lite riding in between. Looks like that will have to change here for a bit. I have backed it off. Even catching up on some reading. I look at all the reasons that I could be feeling a bit worked over and they all make sense, just thought I was above it all, that somehow I was special. The plan is more of the same, rest, sleep and ride when it feels right. It won't be easy as I just want to be on the bike seeing new horizons, and riding the edge of it all.

This thing called wisdom sure feels like work sometimes. Balance, moderation but only in moderation......blah blah blah.....I just want to be out there riding, so sunday I am going to go out and see how the legs feel, if they don't I will have to cut the ride short for me in the interest of keeping my legs, body and mind healthy......ouch. I always feel like this will in someway be scene as weakness on my part, that I will be one of those full of excuses, but the body doesn't lie and the mind can only override it for so long before the body takes it revenge......lets talk about some lowpoints if we must......I have been there and never wish to return to that place again....it was a cold dark cave so to speak......so I am rolling with the punches and trying not to freak too much...i am prone to highs and lows and have been known to overreact to things....the challenge is to stay true to me and what it is I want and need......so I will keep fighting the good fight and pedaling as much as I can. Thanks for enduring the mental slobber for sure there will be more....as always keep those pedals turning, be it circles or squares.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nat-- remember Yoga, it could be your friend and support the balance you say you seek.

Love,mom