Monday, December 03, 2007

bunny hops...

i took this one off the cycling northwest website. thanks to whoever it was that snapped this here action shot. I wondered how I had been clearing the barriers on the fixie and how high I could get. Before this here shot I wasn't sure. Not bad for a guy on a fixie with more than a couple beers in him. Guess it ain't called liquid courage for nothing. I cleared the next one as well and rode a massive nose wheelie out. Some might call it style I just called it luck, and the sense to know that you just stay calm.

In other news, I raced now it would be almost 8 days ago and felt like crap, it was the 8th race of the series, only one more to go then it is a bit of a commuting hiatus for a couple of weeks and then I start "training" for the upcoming season, more on that later though. It was cold, I was tired from serving football fans all Saturday long, and I had to gut it out, no style just good old fashion grit and determination. I had my worst race of the season and finished 5th in the ss class. Looking at the results I was only 1 min 7 seconds out of first, 30 seconds out of 3rd 1 second out of 4th and 1 second away from 6th. All in all for how I felt not a bad day. true grit. The season finale is this weekend, looks to be extremely wet, we are literally preparing to build an ark real soon. Good times and as always keep pedaling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's mad skillz there on the fixie.
You are working your way up to the zen master level.

Dicky

Anonymous said...

WTF?! While you were off practicing your bunny hop...I was back in PDX for the USGP looking for a little Seattle SS support. You just made Sally Claus's naughty list for the year.

Unknown said...

You rock Nat. Kudos for a good cross season brother.

MK said...

Dude...that is just plain badass. How the f do you hop barriers with a fixed g? Hey...you ever going to come out to Utah and do the e100 again?