Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This is important....

The other day this landed in my inbox. Needless to say it was a bit upsetting. I love riding Galbraith Mountain and think that it would really have a negative effect on the community and tourism is the agreement were terminated. I don't think that it will necessarily stop people from using the mountain, unless they start patrolling it, and actually take the time to arrest and prosecute someone for trespassing. That said it will take away from the experience and the ability for it to grow responsibly. Preserve Galbraith is a website and a facebook page that all of us should be a part of. Looks like someone has taken the reigns and is making a community voice for mountain bikers, trail runners and who ever else is interested in preserving this great resource. Please take time to check em out.

The Taint Tuff is just around the corner...look for photos and video evidence of the going ons in the near future. I am hoping that the weather breaks here in the Northwest and we get some descent weather, or at least the barometer is over 50, sun would be nice haven't really seen too much of that here in the last for however long...now if its overcast and not raining I feel like its a good day.

Last weekend was the first weekend that I didn't mountain bike all year, why you ask, I've got a nagging rotor cuff that I wanted to see if a little rest would help it did a little but I am no good at resting, had to hike, which gets you outside, but is in no way a substitute for riding...good news is the shoulder seems to be responding to the ice and heat and the funny strengthening exercises I am doing...feels ok on the bike, just not so good at work, which I don't have the option of not doing....alas, I will heal and all will be well. It will not keep me from the Taint Tuff, that is a must.

No comments: