Wednesday, September 13, 2006

lifes ebb and flow

So the monster crosser is just about complete. I am dying to ride her, to take her on her madian voyage. to taste the dirt. I am a bit nervous, but I imagine it will be a great ride no matter what, I will start with an easy ride and then increase the level of difficulty. I will have pics up as soon as I can. I have an old stem on her right now, I imagine I will get some kind of riser stem thingy. I have been reading Matt Chesters setup instructions on 63xc dot com. All I can say is finally. I will need to get some cross tires on her and get my cross on. fixed on a cross, what better way to learn, never raced cross or ridden off road cross, should be and interesting experience. Can you say steep learning curve. Lets just hope its not toooooooooooooo painful.

This weekend my friend Sloane came up to his old homeland from Bend, and we got some riding in. We had planned to do the Noble Knob ride, but the day had other plans. I am sure everyone has had one of those days that starts out with grand plans and then a tool to put a Lefty wheel is forgoten and you are forced to retrace your steps and then some, on the path again, but a little behind schedule. Food is forgotten in the car and again you are turning around and retracing your steps, and finally a sidewall to a tire is totally gashed open, think at least and vertical inch in the sidewall of Sloanes tire. So we rode a short 15 miles instead of a huge climb and a bunch of descending, we rode some rooty rolling terrain. Sometimes we must just go with the ebb and flow of the world. Niether of us were upset and we just enjoyed each others company. It is always good to get out of the city.

My plan for next year is to pick 3 to 5 big races to do and do them, and have a good time and see what happens, no pressure and no expectations. Easier said than done. I always put a lot of pressure on myself to push the pace. Lets just hope my mind and body can agree on the goal and stay together. I ride almost every day, between 10 and 50 miles, usually closer to 20 or 30 miles, mostly commuter miles, stop and go, traffic riddled miles. Fixed half the time, freewheeling the others. Hopefully life will be a little more simple next year, I will have to simplifiy and stay focused, but I will have a year in seattle under my belt and with that comes more knowledge on what to expect. Hope everyone is enjoying the change of the season, and pedaling as always. More videos to come. I dont have much else to report. Finally have a day to just put it all in perspective. Life rolls on with the ebb and flow of it all.

This is my new favorite shirt. Organic cotton feels so good next to the skin. I really like what swobo is all about. Nothing like some blatant proganda, that is what all there emails say. Pass it on. Organic cotton is worth the extra coin, also you know that what is touching your skin is good for the planet. I have not met these guys and gals yet, but i hope to in the future, just so I can tell them how much I like what they are doing. Keep on rockin'

1 comment:

Broken Arrow Snow Removal said...

Thanks for shharing