Monday, September 14, 2009

I need this like I need a hole in my head...


The first cross race of the season is under my belt, or in the bag or ....I don't know its done, and I forgot just how much it hurts. After going to the Bicycle Film Fest the night before and a long week of work before that I woke up a bit hazy and with heavy legs...I resigned myself to suiting up and having fun...no pressure, and really how much pressure can you have when your riding a fixed gear cross bike in coveralls...Thanks to MFG for a great course, thanks to Sally for the coveralls, thanks to Schooner Exact for the beer....it was fast, and the weather was very uncross like, hot and sunny...maybe we should have run a hose across the course....I am sure we will have plenty of the wet stuff soon enough. I almost didn't make the start due to a slow leaking tire that started to leak a bit faster on the start line, but just made it...the race had the biggest ss field I have seen in Seattle, our team had many mechanicals and flats and such, but a good showing none the less...here are a few photos.




1 comment:

Keasty said...

Thanks for sharing Nat. Wish I was there.... but just to watch!!!