Tuesday, October 14, 2008

As the smoke settles......

me with my shirt tye and underwear, rallying the troops, now if thats not some motivation.....
The past weekend was one for the record books.....We, Seattle Sabotage, headed south to Portland for what was to be a clobbering of those folks in the city that holds the title as a bike utopia....we showed them of 16 teams we were the only ones from Seattle, and Craig "Nightstick" Etheridge killed it with a smile and all the integrity that he has....he is a true champion and a gentleman to boot. No one would guess that all 135 lbs of him was sprawled out on the lawn of our friend Carey and Myles house the previous evening after consuming many cans of Rainer. All I have to say is he was the most deserving one and I am so stoked that he was able to pull it together and ride to victory. Me, out in the first round, shoe lace wrapped around the pedal and I ground to a halt...

We partyed in to the evening and raced cross the next day....Portlands cross scene is crazy, 127 riders in the ss class alone...I started in the back and contrary to how I thought I was going to feel felt alright, I managed to weave my way to 13th by the end of the race, not bad for a guy on a fixed gear who was out a little past his bed time the night before....

There are pics here, here and here....I poached a few for your viewing pleasure. See what the chief has to say about it here.
pic tthanks to bike portland
these ladies were a bit hairy, but went on to win...
john from Team Beer
the chief sets the record straight

we bust on the scene
all not noted photos thanks to Jose...

There are so many stories to share that I can't think which ones to start with and where to end....We certainly left a mark done there...I hope to see more pics for better stories real soon...I took my pants off to reveal jockey underwear, ran around the course with a beer, brian while winning his first heat got a hand up a 24 oz High Life and proceeded to ring the bell with it, talk about winning with style....I will talk about this weekend for a long time to come that is until maybe our next voyage south for single speed cross worlds in a month or so and then there is the GP, ooh my we having some planning to do.....


No comments: